"I would like to to extend a warm thank you to all of my clients that joined us at the Client Appreciation Night on Dec 5 at Some Kinda Pasta. They say that if you love what you do, you never have to work a day in your life. I thank all of my clients for being the reason behind my passion and why my job never feels like "work".
A little Holiday down time is never a bad idea. But lounging and shortbread are a recipe for ringing in the new year with some extra girth. To avoid extra Holiday pounds, try these 7 ideas to get yourself ahead of the game when you are back to the daily grind.
There is likely no easier place to pack on pounds then on a cruise ship. Think about it: you’re confined to a relatively small space with literally millions of calories within arms-reach. Clearly this is a recipe for walking off that ship heavier than when you walked on it.
It doesn’t have to be that way…
In fact, I had a client who went on a 3 WEEK cruise and LOST 4 lbs. Admittedly, we were both surprised at his progress as the goal was simply NOT to GAIN any weight.
Here are the 3 simple rules I prescribed before he set sail.
It’s been waaayyy too long! I hope to get some more regular blogging in once my schedule settles down a bit. Okay, it won’t and I’ll just have to MAKE more time for it!
In the meantime, I’ll link you to 5 things I think you should check out – some of them my Diet Blog articles and others are things that I think you’ll find informative/entertaining.
- Gwyneth Paltrow has bones like “Mr. Glass”: Not eating and avoiding the sun gives you brittle bones! This one sparked quite a debate between yours truly and someone who thought a) I was mean, b) higher protein intakes would make your kidneys spontaneously combust and c) ketosis is caused by high protein diets and is dangerous.
- Insulin: An Undeserved Bad Reputation: Super-duper smart guy James Krieger pens this outstanding 2-part (so far) series of how insulin became the red-headed step-child of weight regulation and why this concept is largely a steaming heap of ostrich poop. You can also read part II here.
- Fit Marker: Friend and colleague JCD and partner-in-unapologetic knowledge bombs FitJerk founded a revolutionary hub where you can access the best of the best of training, nutrition and health information.
- The Truth about Alcohol, Fat Loss and Muscle Growth: Martin Berkhan: Swedish for common sense. Berkhan delves deep into the science and practicality of alcohol intake and its impact on fat loss and muscle.
- Should Obese People be Given a Handicap Parking?: Another pot-stirring piece courtesy of my fellow Diet-Blogger Ted Kallimer. A fascinating debate, indeed!
Hope you enjoy the bits!